SMM is changing, which means your strategy must change. Sometimes it is almost impossible to know where to focus your efforts to achieve the best results. That’s why we recommend taking a more scientific approach to your social media strategy – combining key goals with the features and tactics needed to achieve them.
Reach a New Audience
The first step is to focus on attracting a new audience. And the good news is that there are plenty of features and tactics on literally every platform that you can use to increase your reach.
Tactics for reaching new audiences:
— Collaborations for a new audience. Create feed posts or co-author videos with another user.
– Video. Continually share videos that fit your niche to reach new audiences through featured content channels. Always share the preview in your feed to increase your reach.
You can create high-quality videos even at home. We wrote about this in more detail here.
– Carousel posts. Carousels are the perfect format for sharing educational or informative content—from walkthroughs to personalized recommendations—and they’re super easy to share. More shares = more reach.
– Keywords. Add a frequently used search term to increase the visibility of your profile in the recommendations section or on external sites.
– Practical jokes. Running a giveaway is a quick way to increase your reach, especially when entry requirements include tagging friends or posting to stories.
Part #2: Convert Visitors into Subscribers
Once you’ve successfully reached a new audience, the next step is to convert them into subscribers. To use a fishing analogy, you can cast as many times as you want, but without the right bait, you won’t get a catch. Here are three tactics to turn your profile visitors into followers.
Tactics for turning visitors into subscribers:
– Avatar and key information. A well-designed bio and profile picture tells your audience what you do – that’s the sign above your store door that encourages people to come inside.
– Niche content. Having a clear and consistent niche reassures visitors that your content is relevant to their interests. The more obvious your niche is, the more likely people are to follow your account.
— First impressions of the aesthetics of your account. When first visiting an account, the user should have a clear understanding of the topics and values of your content. It’s still one of the surest ways to turn visitors into subscribers.
Build a Community
The last part of the social media success formula is building a strong and engaged community. You have successfully attracted new users and turned them into subscribers, now you need to make sure you keep them. The more active your audience, the stronger your profile will be, which in turn will help you reach more audiences in the future. This is the perfect recipe for growth. Luckily, there are quite a few features on each platform that are great for encouraging a sense of community and inclusion. Here are the top five to focus on in 2022.
Community Building Tactics:
– Stories. Stories are designed to be informal and interactive, making them the perfect channel for conversational content. Use interactive stickers (polls and emoji sliders) to reach as many participants as possible, and show yourself on camera to make your brand more human. Experiment with close friends lists to provide exclusive content to hyper-engaged users.
— Comments. When it comes to building a community, responding is just as important as speaking up. Take the time to respond to comments and keep the conversation going – add a call to action to your posts, help shape the conversation.
– Live broadcasts. Live broadcasts without editing, making them the perfect channel to connect with your audience on a more personal level.
— Memes. If you still think memes are just for entertainment accounts, think again. In 2022, memes play a key role in connecting with your community and gaining attention. From cute animals to funny TV clips, memes are everywhere. If you’re looking for inspiration, think about what your audience really loves or hates, and consider how those feelings might show up as text overlays on popular visuals.